“The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself.” -Anna Quindlen
Learn to be true to yourself which means admitting being imperfect, admitting mistakes, paying debts, saying exactly what you need, and following through on commitments. Stop protecting your fragile ego and saying things you don’t mean. Reach out and clean up old business through awareness, acceptance, and action so you start building a happy, sassy life:
- Be Real. Pretending to be confident is an empty illusion, appearing real (going after things you don’t want for appearance sake or to fit in) when these lies are in fact the very thing making you out of sync with yourself.
- Be Honest. See honest expression and action as inevitable. Don’t compromise your future happiness to make things easier and less painful today.
- Build Trust. Why would you want to put on a fake show, meanwhile never enjoying your company or what you’re doing? Learn to trust yourself and others will trust you.
- Be True to Your Values. Act in line with core values despite the need to fit in and protect your ego, because we can only deceive yourself.
- Express your unique gifts and talents. Become your true, authentic, amazing, and sassy self. Be proud of your success because it is honest and you
- Build better relationships. You will invigorate stale relationships while pulling in people who like you for who you are and who you genuinely enjoy being around.
- Meet Your Needs. Instead of striving to have other people’s needs met you can say what you need and let others take it or leave it.
- Save Time. Make choices based on what you want instead of over-analyzing and picking apart your decisions and doing nothing.
- Expand Your Comfort Zone. Know your triggers so you are prepared and not surprised. You can work with them and practice getting better which will also increase your intuition.
- It just makes plain old sense to build your day around who you are, what you want, what you enjoy doing, and taking real action…don’t you think?
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.