Become a SASSY Samurai!
You are entitled to an AMAZING life. Overcome Social Anxiety, Shyness, and whatever else is holding you back from being yourself and living a creative, bold life.
Be AWARE, ACCEPTING, and take ACTION with truth, courage, and love
Know the Truth
- “Samurai are born to die. Death is not a curse to be avoided — but the natural end of all life. Death is not eternal . . . dishonor is.” ― Rick Remender,
- “Your greatest awakening comes, when you are aware about your infinite nature.” ― Amit Ray,
- “Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” ― Ramana Maharshi
- “Anything you want to ask a teacher, ask yourself, and wait for the answer in silence. – Byron Katie
- “Truth is not something outside to be discovered, it is something inside to be realized.” ― Osho,
- “Our deepest wishes are whispers of our authentic selves. We must learn to respect them. We must learn to listen.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach.
- “Your own words are the bricks and mortar of the dreams you want to realize. Your words are the greatest power you have. The words you choose and their use establish the life you experience.” – Sonia Choquette.
- “The Universe buries strange jewels deep within us all, and then stands back to see if we can find them.” -Elizabeth Gilbert, Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear.
Grow Your Courage
- “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” – Katharine Hepburn.
- “You will never follow your own inner voice until you clear up the doubts in your mind.” ― Roy T. Bennett
- “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” ― Amit Ray,
- “Ghost Dog: In the words of the ancients, one should make his decision within the space of seven breaths. It is a matter of being determined and having the spirit to break through to the other side.”
- “Women are never stronger than when they arm themselves with their weaknesses. – Madame Marie du Deffand.
- “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin.
- “I am willing to put myself through anything, temporary pain or discomfort means nothing to me as long as I can see that the experience will take me to a new level. I am interested in the unknown, and the only path to the unknown is through breaking barriers, an often painful process.” – Diana Nyad
- “Fighting isn’t all there is to the Art of War. The men who think that way, and are satisfied to have food to eat and a place to sleep, are mere vagabonds. A serious student is much more concerned with training his mind and disciplining his spirit than with developing martial skills.” ― Eiji Yoshikawa,
- “Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that’s the one that is going to require the most from you.” – Caroline Myss.
- “It’s a hard thing to explain to somebody who hasn’t felt it, but the presence of death and danger has a way of bringing you fully awake. It makes things vivid. When you’re afraid, really afraid, you see things you never saw before, you pay attention to the world. You make close friends. You become part of a tribe and you share the same blood- you give it together, you take it together.” ― Tim O’Brien,
- “It’s worth making time to find the things that really stir your soul. That’s what makes you really feel alive. You have to say ‘no’ to other things you’re used to, and do it with all your heart.”
― Roy T. Bennett
See and Choose Love
“If, then, I were asked for the most important advice I could give, that which I considered to be the most useful to the men of our century, I should simply say: in the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you.” ― Leo Tolstoy,
- “Look at everything always as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time: Thus is your time on earth filled with glory.” ― Betty Smith,
- “Earth’s crammed with heaven…But only he who sees, takes off his shoes.” ― Elizabeth Barrett Browning,
- “You are never alone. You are eternally connected with everyone.” ― Amit Ray,
- “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.” ― Maya Angelou.
- “The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.” ― David Foster Wallace,
- Whether we love, or close our hearts to love, is a mental choice we make, every moment of every day.
- “Listen with curiosity. Speak with honesty. Act with integrity. The greatest problem with communication is we don’t listen to understand. We listen to reply. When we listen with curiosity, we don’t listen with the intent to reply. We listen for what’s behind the words.” ― Roy T. Bennett,
Accept the Truth
- You move totally away from reality when you believe that there is a legitimate reason to suffer.” – Byron Katie.
- “The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.” – Gloria Steinem.
- “If you can’t make it better, you can laugh at it.”– Erma Bombeck.
- “Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.”― J.K. Rowling,
- “The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.” ― Stephanie Perkins,
- “Beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It’s about knowing and accepting who you are.” ― Ellen DeGeneres,
- “I am larger, better than I thought; I did not know I held so much goodness. All seems beautiful to me. Whoever denies me, it shall not trouble me; Whoever accepts me, he or she shall be blessed, and shall bless me.” ― Walt Whitman,
- “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” ― Lao Tzu
- “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” ― Deborah Reber,
- Always concentrate on how far you have come, rather than how far you have left to go. The difference in how easy it seems will amaze you. – Heidi Johnson.
Accept with Courage
- “You couldn’t relive your life, skipping the awful parts, without losing what made it worthwhile. You had to accept it as a whole–like the world, or the person you loved.” ― Stewart O’Nan,
- “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” ― Lao Tzu
- “Because creative living is a path for the brave. We all know this. And we all know that when courage dies, creativity dies with it. We all know that fear is a desolate boneyard where our dreams go to desiccate in the hot sun.” -Elizabeth Gilbert, Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear
- “The best way is not to fight it, just go. Don’t be trying all the time to fix things. What you run from only stays with you longer. When you fight something, you only make it stronger.” ― Chuck Palahniuk,
- “It seems to me that the less I fight my fear, the less it fights back. If I can relax, fear relaxes, too.” -Elizabeth Gilbert, Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear
- “For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.”
― Ann Landers
- “Don’t confuse poor decision-making with destiny. Own your mistakes. It’s ok; we all make them. Learn from them so they can empower you!” ― Steve Maraboli,
- “Sometimes people let the same problem make them miserable for years when they could just say, So what. That’s one of my favorite things to say. So what.” ― Andy Warhol,
- “Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t “should’ve” done something. You can only DO something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!” ― Steve Maraboli,
- “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. “I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
Accept through Love
- “What a wonderful life I’ve had! I only wish I’d realized it sooner. – Colette.
- Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get. – Ingrid Bergman.
- “I am my own biggest critic. Before anyone else has criticized me, I have already criticized myself. But for the rest of my life, I am going to be with me and I don’t want to spend my life with someone who is always critical. So I am going to stop being my own critic. It’s high time that I accept all the great things about me.” ― C. JoyBell C.
- “Learn this from me. Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves.” ― Mitch Albom,
- “The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present.” – Barbara De Angelis.
- “Perfect love casts out fear. Where there is love there are no demands, no expectations, no dependency. I do not demand that you make me happy; my happiness does not lie in you. If you were to leave me, I will not feel sorry for myself; I enjoy your company immensely, but I do not cling.” ― Anthony de Mello,
- “As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” – Marianne Williamson.
- “I don’t think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains. – Anne Frank.”
- “Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action. ”― William James
- “Make a pact with yourself today to not be defined by your past. Sometimes the greatest thing to come out of all your hard work isn’t what you get for it, but what you become for it. Shake things up today! Be You…Be Free…Share.” ― Steve Maraboli,
- “Everyone has inside of her a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is! – Anne Frank.
- “The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself.” – Anna Quindlen.
- “You grow up the day you have your first real laugh at yourself.” – Ethel Barrymore
- “To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside of you.” – Maya Angelou.
- “There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anais Nin.
- “There are two ways of spreading light. To be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it.” – Edith Wharton.
- “And the trouble is, if you don’t risk anything, you risk more.” – Erica Jong.
- “Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.” – Helen Keller.
- “Sometimes life knocks you on your ass… get up, get up, get up!!! Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.”― Steve Maraboli,
- “I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.” – Maya Angelou.
- “You do not need anyone’s permission to live a creative life.” – Elizabeth Gilbert, Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear.
- “Do stuff. be clenched, curious. Not waiting for inspiration’s shove or society’s kiss on your forehead. Pay attention. It’s all about paying attention. attention is vitality. It connects you with others. It makes you eager. stay eager.” ― Susan Sontag
- “Possessing a creative mind, after all, is something like having a border collie for a pet: It needs to work, or else it will cause you an outrageous amount of trouble. Give your mind a job to do, or else it will find a job to do, and you might not like the job it invents (eating the couch, digging a hole through the living room floor, biting the mailman, etc.). It has taken me years to learn this, but it does seem to be the case that if I am not actively creating something, then I am probably actively destroying something (myself, a relationship, or my own peace of mind).” -Elizabeth Gilbert, Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear.
- “Write it. Shoot it. Publish it. Crochet it, sauté it, whatever. MAKE.” ― Joss Whedon
- “It’s the action, not the fruit of the action, that’s important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there’ll be any fruit. But that doesn’t mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.” ― Kurt Vonnegut,
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking. So that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” – Marianne Williamson.
Love in Action
- “If one wishes to know love, one must live love, in action.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “We are not held back by the love we didn’t receive in the past, but by the love we’re not extending in the present.” – Marianne Williamson.
- “We can do no great things, only small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa.
- “One of the most spiritual things you can do is embrace your humanity. Connect with those around you today. Say, “I love you”, “I’m sorry”, “I appreciate you”, “I’m proud of you”…whatever you’re feeling. Send random texts, write a cute note, embrace your truth and share it…cause a smile today for someone else…and give plenty of hugs.” ― Steve Maraboli
- “A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.” ― Steve Maraboli,
- “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.” ― Joseph Campbell
- “Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.” ― Steve Maraboli,
- “It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on Earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
- “Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it?” – Caroline Myss.
- “I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” – Diane Ackerman.
- “When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, ‘I used everything you gave me’”. – Erma Bombeck.
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Sally Berger
- “The future depends on what you do today.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
*Image credit Alejandro Alvarez Unsplash.com
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.